Fee Based Summer School Enrichment Program
The Chaffey Joint Union High School District and the Education Foundation for the Schools of the Chaffey District have coordinated their efforts to create academic and enriching opportunities for the summer of 2023. Both entities have worked closely to create a summer school program appropriate toward meeting the needs of our students. The Foundation will sponsor fee based enrichment courses for high school students and incoming freshmen. These courses are academically challenging, standards-based, and may be used to meet high school graduation requirements for the Chaffey Joint Union High School District, as well as University of California and California State University entrance requirements.
Summer school courses will be filled on a first come first serve basis. The courses will be taught by certified, highly qualified teachers currently teaching in the Chaffey Joint Union High School District and surrounding school districts. The content of curriculum will be in accordance with the academic criteria set forth by the Board of Trustees for the Chaffey District. Students attending high schools outside of the Chaffey School District are encouraged to obtain prior approval of course credit from their own school site administration before registering.
Students must qualify to enroll in 9-12 grade coursework through the fall semester of 2023. Residents in the Chaffey District boundaries are not required for enrollment. Students from surrounding communities attending private or public schools are invited to attend. All students enrolling must meet appropriate pre-requisites in order to enroll in the specified class. Students outside of the Chaffey School District should verify with their school district to ensure that the credits earned for the coursework will be accepted. Incoming 9th graders are eligible to enroll in Integrated Math II, Anatomy, Biology, and Computer Graphics and Design.
Course Offerings for the Summer of 2023
- Biology - Los Osos High School (Room D-107 with Mr. Jerrid Patton)
- Chemistry - Alta Loma High School (Room 107 with Mr. Jason Coutts)
- Honors Chemistry - Alta Loma High School (Room 104 with Dr. Tess Oda) (Room 105 with Dr. Jackie Albay) (Room 100 with Michael McCarson)
- Honors Physics - Alta Loma High School (Room 109 with Dr. Russell Okinaka)
- Computers Graphics and Design - Los Osos High School (Room D-83 with Mrs. Carrie Hayden)
- AP Art History - Alta Loma High School (Room 101 with Mark Hendrickson)
- Integrated Math II (Waitlisted) - Rancho Cucamonga High School (Room C-103 with Sandra Abdelnour)
- Integrated Math III - Rancho Cucamonga High School (Room E-101 with Anthony Phuong)
- Honors Pre-Calculus - Rancho Cucamonga High School (Room E-102 with David Lee) (Room C-104 with Shaun Ho)
How to Enroll
Summer school enrollment may be completed at the school district office located at 211 West Fifth Street, Ontario, CA 91762 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Please contact Deborah DiCrasto at (909)988-8511 ext. 2635, or (909)226-0882.
2023 Summer School Dates, Times, and Locations
Summer school dates are June 1st-30th.
Class Times: 8:30 AM-1:30 PM
Classes will be taught Monday-Thursday in-person. Friday classes will be taught virtually.
Refunds are available, less the $25 registration fee, if the cancellation is made before the first day of school. Once summer school commences, there are no refunds.